Need guidance RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running Win7 w/IE9. Problem started a few weeks ago when i let strangers use my pc.  Computer freeze after about 20 min. after booting up. Error messag: DEbug assertion failed and something about Microsoft Visual C++++. The mouse stays on sometimes, other than that no response from any actions I take but to press and hold the power button until it shuts down completely then I have to start all over, like right now..........any light shed would be of great help.

I've even tried to use  Win7 repair disk , no help there!

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:28 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you using a  clean boot mode to check if the issue persist.

If it’s useless, please try to uninstall Visual C++. Let me know the results.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, August 5, 2012 2:46 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:17 AM

All replies

• The best way is to try uninstalling Visual C++ and check if the problem persists. Make sure you have the Visual C++ setup file in case it is not the culprit. Also scan your computer using a good antivirus. And clean the inside of the computer. Hope this helps.
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you using a  clean boot mode to check if the issue persist.

If it’s useless, please try to uninstall Visual C++. Let me know the results.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, August 5, 2012 2:46 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:17 AM