HTML portal - Date Format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I dont seem to be able to chose / change the date format when I create an incident in the html ur8 portal with a date picker and then map it into a textfield in an incident template?

DD/MM/YYYY 00:00:00:000 is the format added to the incident, regardless of language settings of ie portal, server.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

E.O

E.O

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How about changing the date and time formats on the Server? To change the format, it seems like that coding is needed.

Hope the link below can be helpful for you:

https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2012/Nov/08/HTML5-Input-typedate-Formatting-Issues

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi, thank you,

I did test your solution earlier and changed the date format in the js that created the form and it shows nice on the portal, but when mapped in to a incident or service request the date is formatted "back" into US format.

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel

E.O

Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:59 AM
  • Are you referring to User_Inputs or any specific text filed assignment?
    Sunday, February 28, 2016 4:55 AM
  • I'm having the same issue. I want users to be able to select dates in UK format, not US format, where do I go to change this?
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:30 PM
  • I am also having issues with the date format etc, when a user selects a certain date it maps it as the previous day in the SM Console.. a really strange bug.. also the locale is completely different in the portal/console so maybe this is what is confusing the console.

Nick Welch

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:34 AM