Run Defragment in widows Xp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a lot of windows XP PC in my network.

I would like to defrag user to their pc

Actually they are standard user .

Let me know the solution to defrag the harddisk with normal user right?

Thanks in advance

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:35 AM

Answers

• Consider implementing and using the excellent PerfectDisk Enterprise Suite.

Carey Frisch

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Two options:

1. You can set up a task scheduler, that'll be set with Admin user ID and password. And schedule Defrag using task scheduler.

2. Create a VBS script to start defrag and embed user name /password in vbs script. Also, encode the script so users cant see passwords.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies

• Two options:

1. You can set up a task scheduler, that'll be set with Admin user ID and password. And schedule Defrag using task scheduler.

2. Create a VBS script to start defrag and embed user name /password in vbs script. Also, encode the script so users cant see passwords.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Consider implementing and using the excellent PerfectDisk Enterprise Suite.

Carey Frisch

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:33 PM