none
FQDN on receiveconnector

Question

• I am not sure what I should use as my FQDN on my receiveconnector, should I use internal og external hostname? And why?
    Friday, February 23, 2018 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For your question, we could get the explanation in the description for the FQDN parameter of the New-ReceiveConnector.
    New-ReceiveConnector

"The Fqdn parameter specifies the destination FQDN that's shown to connected messaging servers. This value is used in the following locations:
    1. In the default SMTP banner of the Receive connector.
    2. In the EHLO/HELO response of the Receive connector.
    3. In the most recent Received header field in the incoming message when.
    4. During TLS authentication."

We need to use the FQDN rahter than the external hostname, it is a build-in feature for Exchange.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:00 AM
  • It did not help as much as I had hoped.

My reason for asking is when I test my SMTP-/Exchange-server with telnet, from the internet, I get a helo response from the server with the internal name, which is servername.domain.local, and I am not happy about my internal domain-name can be seen on the internet.

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:47 AM