none
Full Import fails on FIMMA with stopped-ma at 400 objects RRS feed

  • Question

  • I started experiencing the following issue.

    Full Import fails on FIM MA at the same exact number of objects (400) each time with error "stopped-ma"

    Delta Import and Sync Jobs, however, succeed.

    I refreshed the schema, deleted CS, and still no luck.

    This is FIM 2010 (not R2) version 4.0.3644.2. Versions are the same on both Sync and Service\Portal.

    Any ideas??

    Thanks in advance,

    Nosh

     


    Nosh Mernacaj, Identity Management Specialist


    Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Answers

  • Yes the files are the same. At least the last object is the same.

    I tried deleting that object from portal, and it still fails.


    Nosh Mernacaj, Identity Management Specialist

    • Marked as answer by Nosh Mernacaj Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:40 PM
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:06 PM

All replies

  • Nosh,

    I would enable logging on the FIM MA, have it drop an audit file while importing. As it is getting to same spot before showing error, this could indicate that is is same object/data that could be causing this. By enabling logging, we might be able to verify which object it is that could be causing this.

    We could also get some of this information by running SQL profiler trace while running the import. I would suspect there is a 'bad' object in the connector space of the FIM MA that is causing this; if we can track which one, we may be able to remove it while not disrupting any other data.

    Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Hi Glenn,

    I did both, enable logging on FIMMA and Ran the SQL profiler.

    Neither gave me anything substantial.

    1. FIMMA Log has only the records of the 400 Adds. nothing further.

    2. SQL profiler. nothing abnormal


    Nosh Mernacaj, Identity Management Specialist

    Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Does the export file show the same information each time? It should show the last object that is imported before seeing the stopped-ma error.
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Yes the files are the same. At least the last object is the same.

    I tried deleting that object from portal, and it still fails.


    Nosh Mernacaj, Identity Management Specialist

    • Marked as answer by Nosh Mernacaj Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:40 PM
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Issue was fixed.

    1. Enabled MA logging, that did not help. 

    2. Run SQL profiler, was able to get the last objectID and tried deleting it from FIM Portal, still no lock.

    Finally, I rebooted SQL Server.  That worked. Maybe the Reboot in conjunction with the previous steps was what worked.

    Thanks Gleen.


    Nosh Mernacaj, Identity Management Specialist

    Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:42 PM