none
ASP.NET browser definition files in the .NET Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a problem using Internet Explorer 10 to access my ASP.NET applications.

Every time I click in a submit button I get the following error: SCRIPT5009: '__doPostBack' is undefined

Although, after installing all the Windows Updates suggested by the Operating System the problem was solved (Windows Server 2008 R2).

I know that the KB 2600100 contains an hotfix that resolves this problem, but I didn't installed that hotfix. So, one of the installed updates also solve this issue.

What I need to know is which windows update(s) fixes this problem. I really need that info to pass to our costumers.

Regards,

Miguel Rebelo

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Miguel,

You can just let them to install the Hotfix or install all the updates. Most Windows updates include security and compatibility updates, so it is suggest to keep the computer updated.

Regarding this error message, you can refer to the following link:

IE10 SCRIPT5009: '__doPostBack' is undefined

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:44 AM
  • We had a problem with IIS not recognizing IE10 about 8 months ago.  There was a hot fix available from Microsoft (KB2600088).  We applied it and it fixed our problem.

Now our users are beginning to use Windows 8.1 with IE11, and once again we are having issues with IIS not recognizing the new version of browser.  I was hoping that it would just be a matter of searching for a hot fix from Microsoft, just like last time.  I haven't had any luck finding it though.

Just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this (getting their asp.net site to work with IE11).

Thanks!

Monday, July 22, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

the IE11 UAS uses the IE token I/o the MSIE token. asp.net should not be affected and detect IE11 as a webkit browser. Use client side feature testing instead of UAS sniffing or browser caps.

Mozilla/5.0(IE 11.0; Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Rob^_^

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:11 PM