Unable to access the Public foldres from shared mailbox in Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have common  mailbox which has E1 license (sales )  . Another user(sales person1)  wants to access the this Sales mailbox , but with his login . Hence I created mailbox for sales person assigned E1 license and assigned full mailbox permissions to sales mailbox.

When sales person1 configures the sales mailbox , he is unable to access the public folders.

Any idea on this ?

Regards

K Gopi

Regards Gopi K

Friday, November 6, 2015 3:54 PM

All replies

• By "the pubic folders" you mean Exchange public folders or folders in the shared mailbox?  Those are two different things.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, November 7, 2015 7:08 PM
  • I referring the Exchange Public folders. Users will be in Office 365 and they would access the on-prem Public folders.

Regards

K Gopi

Regards Gopi K

Monday, November 9, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Any access to public folders must be through a mailbox-enabled account that is in your organization.  In addition, the public folders must grant that mailbox permissions either by default or explicit configuration.  Is that what you're asking?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, November 9, 2015 7:39 PM