The site collection containing this sandboxed solution has exceeded its daily resource usage quota. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm using Share Point Foundation 2010.

While I'm adding custom web part to SP page or doing any changes in custom CSS file through Share point designer, I'm getting this error "The site collection containing this sandboxed solution has exceeded its daily resource usage quota.".

How to overcome this problem ?

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Darshan

You need to modify the site collection Quota template

More detail check following URL

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/johnwpowell/archive/2010/03/01/a-lap-around-sharepoint-2010-sandboxed-solutions-resource-quotas.aspx

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi Ravichandran,

I have increased my usage quota to 300 points...... but still it is showing the same error.....

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Hi Darshan

Make sure following point you done.

The template must be associated to a site collection.  Navigate to Application Management > Configure Quotas and Locks and select the site collection and the quota template

Also use SPDisposeCheck tool in your code, this tool show memory leaks in your code

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/SPDisposeCheck/

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:23 AM
  • hi!

did you monitor the solution gallery about the usage? 

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi 

If I deactivate the sandbox solution, I can change or add any thing in my site.

Then How to add my custom web part without getting any error in a SP site ? 

I'm new to share point, kindly give me full steps with details (Step by Step)........

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:13 AM
  • Hi Darshan,

Would you mind checking what your solution gallery says in terms of usage for your .wsp package?

Go to:

• Site Actions
    • Site Settings
    • (Make sure you're on the Site Collection Root, otherwise click Go to top level configuration here)
    • Solution Galery

What does the quota in your gallery look like? Can you see if you've exceeded your daily usage?

Regards,

Tobias.

Tobias Zimmergren
    Microsoft MCP, MCTS, MCT, MVP (SharePoint)
    Blog: www.zimmergren.net
    Twitter: twitter.com/zimmergren
    Corporate site: www.tozit.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi Tobias,

Below images is my solution gallery....

Solution Gallery 

Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:52 AM
  • Hey Dany,

Were you able to resolve the issue? I have this problem too with SharePoint 2013. The sandbox quota is 300 points, but I cannot add my web part which is the first and only sandbox solution I have.
    EDIT: I'm a tool. Looked at the wrong site collection quota. The one I was on had 0 resource points allocated so I changed it to 300 and it works.

• Edited by Paul MC2 Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:39 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:33 PM