none
How can I obtain DNS statistics on the requestors? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I have a problem with a high load perfomance on 1 of 4 DNS servers. When I obtain statistics with PowerShell (Get-DNSServerStatistics) - I see such picture:

DC1 = 1600r/s, DC2 = 201r/s, DC3 = 130r/s, dc4=180r/s

Also we have DNS Balancer NetScaler, and all requests, going through it in equal parts between internal DNS servers.

As you can see - first controller receives the most part queries. We have several trusts domains, as Transitive as No. There are one domain, which in process integration in our infrastructure, and many employees from this domain use our resources.

So, can I parse statistics on the requestors from output of Get-DNSServerStatistics -ComputerName srv-dc-001, or may be you can tell me, how I can find out who query directly on DC1 (which domains)?

• Edited by 210vadim Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:49 PM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my understanding, you want to find out who query directly on first DNS server on DC1.
    Please enabled DNS debug log to check:

How to enable DNS debug log: open cmd->
    dnsmgmt->DNS server name-> right-click-> select properties->Debug loggingoption

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 6, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Monday, October 9, 2017 5:27 AM