none
Add-In Disabled After Restart

Question

• We have a user that has an add-in, Zix Select for Outlook, disabled each time they restart. They can go in to the add-ins and check the box but it seems strange that it disables it each time. We have 5 or 6 others using this same add-in with Outlook 2013 and aren't having any issues. Any ideas?
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:12 PM

All replies

• #1 - Have you asked the folks at ZixCorp (the creators of this addin) for their comments/ideas? Seems strange that  "Zix Select" can't be found on the ZixCorp website - and no direct download link can be found for this begging the question - is this still a current offering from ZixCorp?

#2 - Is the machine encountering the problem "absolutely identical" in terms of all installed Outlook addins both in terms of program and version of same?

This machine either has a conflict with something else installed or the issue is something that only the vendor of the addin will be able to help you with.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:38 AM
  • #1 - I emailed them the same time I created this discussion but I haven't heard back. I know it's still supported as I had to get the latest version to work with Outlook 2013.

#2 - No, the other add-ins stay, it's just this one.

Thanks for your comments.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:07 PM
  • #2 - No, the other add-ins stay, it's just this one.

Just to clarify my original question - wasn't asking if the other addins stay but specifically if the machine in question is "identical" in terms of what is installed etc

There is a known issue where Outlook addins will get disabled if the addin exceeds some Outlook load threshold time so if you have 5-6 other machines that work without any problems, logic would dictate that there is some difference (however subtle) between the machines that work and the one that doesn't. Have no idea personally what that might be (i.e. if everything else is supposedly the same, is the problem machine as fast as the others in terms of processing power & memory etc).  Not likely that this is first time the ZixCorp folks would have heard about it (mind you - there is a "first time" for everything for any issue reported to a company so the questions I've asked about similarities would also likely be asked by them.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:25 PM