Picture library and selection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all !

I'm fighting against Sharepoint 2010 Picture library, this library which is very useful makes me crazy !!

We have picture library containing around 300 - 400 pictures, and our users browses into this library to select pictures they need to build their documentation. So they browses, select pictures and use the "Action" menu to Download selected pictures. Everything looks ok but even when the download is done the picture selection is still available.

If the same users go back to the Picture library and do another selection, when i'll be ready to donwload his picture batch ,all pictures previously selected will be added to the new batch !! selected pictures are never cleared, selection always grow, the only way is to change view to see all selected picture and unselect them, which is not very handy.

did you already see this issue ?

Is there workaround ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

As a temporary workaround, we can open the library from Window Explorer, can copy/download pictures directly from there.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Hello,

I am able to reproduce this behavior on my local SharePoint 2010 setup based on the steps you have given. Looking at the functionality and the availability of the "Selected Pictures" view, this is how the product has been designed to function. However due to the new user interface in SharePoint 2013, this behavior have changed in SharePoint 2013.

Regards,
    Vijay R G
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Hello , thanks for your reply.

But does it mean there is no way to change that ?

I'm think about a button with Javascript behind to clean the selection.

But unfortunatly my developper skill is not so high.

Any help would be appreciated !!

Thanks in advance

Olivier

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Hi

I just found a workaround and hope this helps!

Browse to the Picture Library, by default it will show you the Thumbnail view. Under the View dropdown on the right, select "All Pictures"->"Details". Here you have the "Select All" icon just prior to the "Type" column. Clicking on that once will select all images, clicking on that again will deselect all the images.

Regards,
    Vijay R G
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, March 4, 2013 5:37 AM