none
Drive Mapping

Question

• I have added drive mapping item to a group policy.  Some of the machines are already using the drive letter.  Outside of logon script, is there a way to configure group policy to replace mapping?  I tried using action update and replace.  Neither seem to work. 

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:42 AM
  • > are already using the drive letter.

For a local drive? Then you are stuck :) Either remap the local drive to
    a different letter or map the network drive to a different letter.

You could use Item Level Targeting with a WMI filter like

select Driveletter from Win32_Volume where Driveletter = "L:"

to determine if this letter is already in use for a local drive.

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 11:26 AM