none
Difference between DB2 adapter in BizTalk 2009 and BizTalk 2006R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any difference in the DB2 adapter properties in BizTalk server 2009 and BizTalk server 2006R2?
    • Moved by Ben Cline1 Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:53 PM related to HIS (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:41 AM

Answers

• There are no functional differences in the 2 different versions of the BizTalk Adapter for DB2 here, other than some bug fixes. Depending on the query, DB2 may lock the records, but the data provider itself does not do so directly. I would highly suggest opening a case with support to see what is happening.
    Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The DB2 Adapter is delivered with Host Integration Server product belonging to BizTalk Server for 2009 see this post and Microsoft HIS site. This is Host Systems 2.0, while BizTalk Server 2006 R2 works HIS 2006. HIS has been improved or enhanced for newer Windows Technologies (i.e. OS, Hyper V) and such, see this post. I cannot tell if properties (functionality) has changed. I only worked with BizTalk 2006 R2/HIS 2006 and think the DB2 Adapter itself has not changed in functionality, only HIS. Perhaps another forum member or MS can give an answer.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:00 AM
  • Thanks Steef.

We actually have a problem where we have a file with 1000 records and Biztalk DB2 adapter creates a lock on AS400 while writing these records.

It is a file based locking taking place here. The lock occurs with the first record and ends with the last record.

So wanted to know if the DB2 adapyer has been modified in BizTalk 2009 in this regard. If it creates a record level locking or not?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest reading Host Integration Server 2009 Technical Whitepaper section on Data Providers for DB2 (i.e. more data providers are supported).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:33 AM
  • There is actually an HIS forum that has Microsoft product group people that are better equipped to handle your question. I am going to move your thread there.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:53 PM
  • There are no functional differences in the 2 different versions of the BizTalk Adapter for DB2 here, other than some bug fixes. Depending on the query, DB2 may lock the records, but the data provider itself does not do so directly. I would highly suggest opening a case with support to see what is happening.
    Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:57 PM