none
MS.NET Framework 4.0 not initialising

Question

• When I start my computer, my antivirus program, Kaspersky, displays a message saying ' Failed to initialize Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0. Please try to reinstall the platform'

When I attempt to reinstall MS.Net Framework 4.0, I get a message saying 'MS.Net Framework is already part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 distributable. The same or a higher version of NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

If I then check Settings - Control Panel - Programs and Features, MS.NET Framework is not listed.

A consequence of the failure is that my computer is not protected against eg key-loggers when I attempt to check banking details or or pay bills.

What must I do to regain security?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:28 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 already contains .Net Framework 4.6.
    What version of Kaspersky did you install? 
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:05 PM
  • If you encounter a .NET Framework error when installing a Kaspersky Lab product, follow the steps below:

Download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool, a Microsoft .NET Framework troubleshooting utility.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Follow the installer instructions. Restart the computer when the installation is completed.

Retry to install your Kaspersky Lab product.

If the method above did not help, try reinstalling .NET Framework.

Open Control Panel Programs Programs and Features (the item may also be named Uninstall a program) and remove Microsoft .Net Framework 4.

Download the latest version of Microsoft .Net Framework 4 from the Microsoft official website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=49982

Run the installer and follow the instructions. Restart the computer when the installation is completed.

Retry to install your Kaspersky Lab product.

Good luck

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:46 AM
  • In addition, you could ask for help from Kaspersky forum, there are some users meet with the same problem, Kaspersky support may have some good idea for this situation.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=360739

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Look in your installed applications and see if your framework was updated to a version higher than 4.5 if so deinstall and install ver.4.5  worked for me.  
    Friday, June 29, 2018 5:19 PM