Java install error with Explorer 9 on Win7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install JRE for my Explorer web browser on Win7. I am using Explorer 9. 

I downloaded setup file 'JavaSetup6u25' , from sun.com http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp .

I have tried installing under my user account, giving access as administrator.  I have also logged as administrator on my local PC and tried installing, both account give same results.

The setup starts fine, but during Applying Java Patches it stops and a pop error comes with  following message " Neither command line parameter specified is an existing directory', when I click OK, I get another pop up 'Java update fails to apply changes to your system', when I click ok on that I get another pop up 'Error 1722, There is a problem with this windows installer package.  a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected'

Please help..

Thanks

Sky

Monday, May 30, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• If there is not a JRE updated to "understand" IE9, a practical workaround would be to uninstall IE9, which will automatically reinstate IE8.

Install the JRE (they do install properly with IE8. I've done it many times, as I sometimes use Java), then reinstall IE9. Under this scenario, I have no issues with IE9/JRE.

The above is quite painless, as your IE8 settings will be restored, and any settings you made  in IE9 while using it will come back when IE9 is reinstalled (at least they did for me).

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 17, 2011 5:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:28 PM