Trouble Implementing Remote Call Control with Lync 2010, Mitel 3300, and Mitel LBG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having difficulty implementing remote call control with Lync 2010, Mitel 3300, and Mitel LBG.

A little bit of background here.  We are in the middle of migrating from OCS 2007 R2 and the topology works overall for IM and Lync calls between Lync clients.  My OCS front end and OCS edge are still in play, and I have not yet built up a Lync Edge (since it will go on the same Windows Server OS as the current OCS edge).  The Mitel 3300 and LBG have been upgraded to support Lync (according to the Mitel guys).  Prior to moving the users from the OCS pool to the Lync pool, call control worked just fine.  I have performed all of the steps from the following blog post http://www.justin-morris.net/configuring-lync-server-2010-for-remote-call-control-with-mitel-3300/ and it appears that the configuration took and is ready to go. 

In trying to have Lync 2010 client initiate a call, Lync displays a little phone symbol with a red x in the bottom right corner of the Lync client.  It indicates that the phone system is not available. 

I checked the following on the server:

1. Toplogy Status - Computer:  mitellbg.ad.mrb;  Pool:  mitellgb.ad.mrb; Site:  SiteName - Lync (sitename was changed to protect privacy); Status:  N/A; Replication N/A
    2. Users >> Telephoney = Remote call control
    3. Users >> Line URI = tel:1011;phone-context=phone.mitel (this was carried over from OCS)
    4. Users >> Line Server URI = sip:mitel3300@phone.mitel (this is what is in the LBG and carried over from OCS)
    5. NSLOOKUP and PING for mitellbg.ad.mrb from the Lync server
    6. Checked that port 5060 in the Windows Server firewall is open on Lync and mitellbg

From here I have no idea where to look for resolution.  I could use some guidance here. 

Thanks Much,

Mike

Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Glad my post helped you along the way. :)

The problem here looks like that your Line Server URI doesn't match the route/trusted application pool you've created for the LBG.

If the LBG is called mitellbg.ad.mrb, then this should form part of your Line Server URI for each user e.g. sip:mitel3300@mitellbg.ad.mrb.

Change your Line Server URI and let me know how that goes.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:16 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 11:48 AM
  • Thanks for the reply folks, and for some reason the first responses did not come through my notification email.  The lastest responses to did come through. 

I found a Mitel guy that has setup Lync 2010 and attached it to an LBG before.  I don't know what he did, but he got the call control working.  I think I had a FQDN incorrect and possibly a sip domain at some point, but I didn't know what the information was supposed to be since I was copying the information from the previous OCS installation. 

Thanks for your recommendations and follow through.

Mike

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:04 PM

All replies

• I guess one of my first questions should have been:  Is the status of N/A for the mitellbg.ad.mrb pool correct?  Shouldn't it be a green check? 
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:55 PM
  • Hi,Smallbizpcwiz,

Is mitellbg.ad.mrb your Lync server pool FQDN? Anyway,the status of N/A for the mitellbg.ad.mrb is incorrect.

"I have not yet built up a Lync Edge (since it will go on the same Windows Server OS as the current OCS edge)" Do you mean you would like use the same Windows server to deploy Lync edge server?I am afraid side-by-side is the Only Supported “Upgrade” Path,you should have another windows server for deploying Lync edge server.

Here are some tips and guide for migration from OCS to Lync for your reference.

http://blog.insideocs.com/2011/01/11/lync-ocs-migration-top-10/

http://www.infotechguyz.com/lync2010/MigratefromOCS2007toLync2010(Part%20III).html

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:44 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Glad my post helped you along the way. :)

The problem here looks like that your Line Server URI doesn't match the route/trusted application pool you've created for the LBG.

If the LBG is called mitellbg.ad.mrb, then this should form part of your Line Server URI for each user e.g. sip:mitel3300@mitellbg.ad.mrb.

Change your Line Server URI and let me know how that goes.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:16 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 11:48 AM
  • Hi,Smallbizpcwiz,

Any updates here?

If you have fixed the issue please do let us know.Thanks!

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply folks, and for some reason the first responses did not come through my notification email.  The lastest responses to did come through. 

I found a Mitel guy that has setup Lync 2010 and attached it to an LBG before.  I don't know what he did, but he got the call control working.  I think I had a FQDN incorrect and possibly a sip domain at some point, but I didn't know what the information was supposed to be since I was copying the information from the previous OCS installation. 

Thanks for your recommendations and follow through.

Mike

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:04 PM