On Windows 10, I want to use IE 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having DELL brand new with windows 10, I want to use IE 9 insted of IE 11. Please let me know the process

FYI Windoes 10 comes with default IE as 11

Regards,

Fareed

Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Fareed,

Based on your description, since IE11 is build-in Windows 10, it is by design.

I’m afraid we could not run IE9 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or any version or future version/build of Windows 10 unless you use a virtual machine and install a version of Windows other then those versions on said virtual machine.

Refer to the link:

Will IE9 run on Windows 10? http://superuser.com/questions/983161/will-ie9-run-on-windows-10

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, we may try to use the IE11’s compatibility view to browse some old websites.

Navigate to Tools>Compatibility View settings, then add websites you want.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Fareed,

Based on your description, since IE11 is build-in Windows 10, it is by design.

I’m afraid we could not run IE9 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or any version or future version/build of Windows 10 unless you use a virtual machine and install a version of Windows other then those versions on said virtual machine.

Refer to the link:

Will IE9 run on Windows 10? http://superuser.com/questions/983161/will-ie9-run-on-windows-10

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, we may try to use the IE11’s compatibility view to browse some old websites.

Navigate to Tools>Compatibility View settings, then add websites you want.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,
    Tao

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:51 AM