what are the prerequisite technologies to learn Sharepoint? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am a biztalk developer i have strong knowledge on C# and SqlServer and very basic knowledge on Asp.net i would like to learn share point my knowledge matrix is suitable to learn share point server.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:02 PM

Answers

• Not really sure what it means to "learn share point server", but I'll assume you would want to learn the object model.  Wouldn't hurt to figure out the abilities of SharePoint designer, too. (Just so you know what you get for free.)

Unless you want to become a Farm Admin, then that's a whole different set of skills.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:14 PM
  • I would start with getting familiar with the product itself, have a read of the SharePoint site so you understand it's capabilities and maybe download and install a copy of Foundation if you don't have access to it already.

Hope that helps.

Just realised this wasn't in the 2010 forum, so for 2007 here's another link and a download page for WSS.

PT_UK http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    • Edited by Paul Turner _ Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:55 AM Additional information
    • Marked as answer by star.warsModerator Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:10 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:52 AM

All replies

• Not really sure what it means to "learn share point server", but I'll assume you would want to learn the object model.  Wouldn't hurt to figure out the abilities of SharePoint designer, too. (Just so you know what you get for free.)

Unless you want to become a Farm Admin, then that's a whole different set of skills.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:14 PM
  • I would start with getting familiar with the product itself, have a read of the SharePoint site so you understand it's capabilities and maybe download and install a copy of Foundation if you don't have access to it already.

Hope that helps.

Just realised this wasn't in the 2010 forum, so for 2007 here's another link and a download page for WSS.

PT_UK http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    • Edited by Paul Turner _ Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:55 AM Additional information
    • Marked as answer by star.warsModerator Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:10 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:52 AM