none
Exchange 2013 multiple CAS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have 2 CAS servers and 2 mailbox servers with DAG configured.

I am only configuring one CAS server for public access and the other one is kept as a standby (not accessible from public).

Is it ok to keep the 2nd CAS as standby, or does the second server automatically chosen while auto discovery? If yes, what is the solution to avoid this?

Thanks and Regards,

Vinu

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The better option is to configure load balancing with these CAS servers for high availability. Your configuration should work but it is not recommended. You should also remember about pointing autodiscoverserviceinternaluri parameter to correct CAS server.

Hope it helps,
    Adam

CodeTwo: Software solutions for Exchange and Office 365

If this post helps resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:22 AM

All replies

• I agree with Adam.  Since you have 2 CAS Servers, they are both going to play a role in autodiscover.  Plus with your method, there would be some manual intervention required for failover to happen.  if you have a properly configured load balancer the LB would take care failover on its own which would result in minimal downtime.

Monday, November 24, 2014 2:20 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for your help. Hope i can use an internal uri to all CAS to point to my 1st CAS which is also public ally available and keep the 2nd CAS as standby.

Regards,

Vinu

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:06 AM