Exchange Transport Queues Empty RRS feed

• Question

• I've got SCOM 2012 R2 with the Exchange 2010 management pack. It has discovered everything correctly and is getting data, alerts, running tests and returning results for everything except the Transport Queues (under Edge or Hub Transport) which are empty - no counters at all. Other perf data is available (Under the Agents folder for example) but no queue data - can anyone suggest what might be wrong please? No errors that I've been able to find.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Verify that your Edge Transport Role has been discovered and is being monitored in the Edge Transport>State View.

There's advice in the MP known issues that tells you to manually add an Active Directory site to your Edge Server if its in a workgroup or it will not be discovered.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2592561

1.     Open Registry Editor

2.       Navigate to HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/NetLogon/Parameters

3.     Find the SiteName value for this key. Populate this value with any non-NULL string (such as "perimeter", "DMZ","Edge", etc)

Note: Do not update the DynamicSiteName value, as the NetLogon service can overwrite this data. The SiteName value is not automatically updated.

As most of the Edge Transport performance collection rules are not enabled by default. Please create overrides to enable the collection of the performance data.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, May 16, 2014 5:35 AM
  • It has all been discovered, its just the queue information / performance stuff that is missing.

Leaving the EDGE out of it to keep it simple, the same problem occurs on the HUB transport - no data collected...

Friday, May 16, 2014 9:45 AM
  • Try the following:

1. Start the Remote Registry service. 
    2. Enable File and Printer Sharing 
    3. Check the network connectivity between the management server and the Exchange Server and ensure the FQDN of the Exchange Server can be resolved. 
    4. Clear the HealthService queue on the Exchange Server

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:32 PM
  • Hi

1 - Already enabled

2 - Already enabled

3 - Working fine

4 - Already tried, no change.

I have just noticed though, in the event log there is a single entry:

A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing.

Discovery name: Microsoft.Windows.DNSServer.2008.ServerDiscovery

Could this be the problem? I'm not sure why it would be running a DNS Server discovery as it isn't a DNS server?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:49 PM
  • ever get to the bottom of this? I have issues with the TransportQueues showing as blank and an alert for retry remote delivery queue length

.: Lister :.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:55 PM