Image deployment Stuck at Applying Unattend.xml with DISM.EXE RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, 

I've integrated around 90 Patches into MDT Image of windows Server 2012. so far, only Image and Packages are in Media contents.

When I am deploying Image on a VM- then it is working fine till applying Operating system Image upto (100%)...and gets stuck at Applying Unattend.xml with DISM.exe which is very next step, see screenshot below.

This process is going on for a longer time and after this I am getting below Error and Image is not getting deployed ...

Please advise!!!

Please....

Friday, October 31, 2014 9:56 AM

Answers

• The Issue is resolved...I just injected all patches offline through DISM
    • Marked as answer by DesiEquestrian Monday, November 3, 2014 10:29 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 10:29 AM

All replies

• In the task sequence folder ([deploymentsharename] -> Control -> [task id]) do you see an unattend.xml file there?
    Friday, October 31, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Look at the bdd.log file to find out what's failing.

Looks like the unattend.xml file may be corrupted or invalid. Did you modify it in the WISM (Windows System Image Manager), I know it can be tempting to go into the tool and muck around with settings, but if you break it, you need to fix it. :^)

If you still need help, please copy the bdd.log file to a public site like OneDrive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 31, 2014 6:04 PM
  • The Issue is resolved...I just injected all patches offline through DISM
    • Marked as answer by DesiEquestrian Monday, November 3, 2014 10:29 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Hi Keith, I have similar error and have posted the bdd.log. Can assist?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a75153be-6fd1-4400-9e52-1282a7007f64/applying-unattendxml-with-dism-error-in-bddlog?forum=w7itproinstall

Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:40 AM
  • I had the exact same error on my VM. The problem was that during installation of all the Windows Updates the RAM drive ren out of space. The solution was assigning more initial memory to the VM. (I had initially assigned 1024MB, and changed it to 2048MB and the problem was gone. The amount of Dynamic Memory was set to 1024MB - 4096MB, but the RAM drive WinPE creates only works with the Startup RAM size.)
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:56 PM