none
Adding Managed Metadata using pipeline extensibility RRS feed

• Question

• We have created a Sharepoint plug in that uses bespoke Sharepoint column to contain classifications of a document. This column contains references to entries in a particular Managed Metadata Store. This works fine within the Sharepoint search and FS4SP Search environments.

I would like to be able to add in non-Sharepoint content to the FS4SP search. To this end I have written a pipeline extensibility component and wired it in in the standard way. This is writing to a crawled property that is mapped to a managed property and we can search on that managed property using the FS4SP interface fine.

What I have not been able to do is use the pipeline extensibility component to write to the Managed Metadata field that the Sharepoint data is having populated (owstaxid is the field in the FAST document world). The Sharepoint managed property is an "ECM Taxonomy Field" and has MappingDisallowed set to True, so I cannot map any output crawled properties to this.
    Is there any way to get the owstaxid field populated through the pipeline extensibily component?
    Thanks,
    keith
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Keith,

Yes, it appears that you cannot map additional crawled properties to the owstaxid field. Have you considered creating a new crawled property and managed property? Use a pipeline extensibility stage to copy the owstaxid value to your new crawled property, then add your additional values to this field. Finally, use the new managed property to display the merged values.

-Brent

Brent Groom | Microsoft Enterprise Search

FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint - Survival Guide | FAST Search for SharePoint Forum

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Yes, we had thought about going that way (and it looks like we will do it now).

It has the disadvantage of having duplicate values in the original Sharepoint documents once indexed and no direct tie between the managed property and the term store, but my guess is that the former is no big deal and the second is not a fatal problem.

Thank you

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:46 PM