Correct phone numbers in outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have around 1000 contacts, and the phone numbers are a mess. Some have country code, some have area code. Some probably have wrong country code.  Some area codes have a leading zero some haven't. Some country codes have a plus sign, some haven't.

To correct Each, I need to click, choose the country from a drop in, move the area code to another field, and remove the country and area code from the phone number. 

This is too time consuming. I tried setting country/region, but did not help. Is there a way to make it suggest corrections ?

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research and test, I'm afraid that there is no built-in option in Outlook to change multiple country code in phone number at the same time. As a workaround, you could export contacts to a .CSV file and open it via Excel. Change the contacts details in the Excel and then import it back to your account. This would be much convenient than changing one by one. To do this, please refer to the detailed steps in the following articles.

Export contacts from Outlook

Import contacts to Outlook

I've found a link about updating general information for multiple contacts for your reference. You may also refer to the second article to set Country/Region information for all contacts.

Update general info for multiple contacts

Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, March 5, 2018 7:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:40 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:53 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see whether the workaround is helpful to you.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:21 AM