Asterisk Gateway and media bypass RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have Asterisk IP PBX as my PSTN Gateway and i want to know if my LYNC deployment can use Media ByPass with the Asterisk gateway.

At least can anyone tell me how can i know ?

ammarhasayen
    Monday, July 18, 2011 6:50 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can.

For each call to the PSTN, the Mediation Server determines whether media from the endpoint of origin can be sent directly to a Mediation Server peer without traversing the Mediation Server. The peer can be a PSTN gateway, IP-PBX, or Session Border Controller (SBC) at an Internet telephony service provider (ITSP).

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, August 1, 2011 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Media bypass is supported only with products and versions listed on Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program – Lync Server at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=214406.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, July 25, 2011 2:06 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:06 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can.

For each call to the PSTN, the Mediation Server determines whether media from the endpoint of origin can be sent directly to a Mediation Server peer without traversing the Mediation Server. The peer can be a PSTN gateway, IP-PBX, or Session Border Controller (SBC) at an Internet telephony service provider (ITSP).

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:25 AM
  • My question is : How can i know that my open IP Gateway , supports Media Lync Media ByPass ?
    ammarhasayen
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Media bypass is supported only with products and versions listed on Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program – Lync Server at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=214406.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, July 25, 2011 2:06 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:06 AM