Trouble with Old Account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem which is driving me crazy.

We have a user "John.Doe" sending an invite to another user "Reception.Desk". But for some reason, when "John.Doe" invites "Reception.Desk", a whole list of other users get the invite too. Actually, anyone who sends a Calendat invite to "Reception.Desk" is atomatically sent to these other people too.

I have looked in AD and Exchange (2007) for who has rights to the user Reception, but none of the other users who get the invite as well, are
    listed in any of the permissions.

Now, the issue was discovered because one of the other users who gets the invite, is no longer working here, so Exchange sends "John.Doe" the error back saying that on of the users cannot be found.

Another thing that is throwing me off, is that the user who is no longer working here, the error message from Exhange tells me that he is in a OU which I cannot find! :( It says this:

OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP

There is no OU called Exchange Administrative Group. So how is this happening? Help please!

BTW, could this be because these users were migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007?

Thank you in advance!

-Pablo
    • Edited by Argen1 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:20 PM Added info
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:16 PM

Answers

•  From what your describing this sounds like it's an orphaned delegate issue.  So in the “Reception. Desk” mailbox, delegates were set up such that others could manage that mailbox, and those delegates are receiving these items. 

Delegates are set up in Outlook so first use that to see who all is set for delegation and what rights (won’t be shown in EMC) or mailbox permissions.  You can use Public folder tools to view folder permissions, but the delegate that is/has been long gone you will need to use MFCMAPI to edit the raw components of the mailbox to remove the orphaned delegate.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/9217e942-58d7-4aed-ab1a-981e5f365c87/

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by Argen1 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:44 PM

All replies

•  From what your describing this sounds like it's an orphaned delegate issue.  So in the “Reception. Desk” mailbox, delegates were set up such that others could manage that mailbox, and those delegates are receiving these items. 

Delegates are set up in Outlook so first use that to see who all is set for delegation and what rights (won’t be shown in EMC) or mailbox permissions.  You can use Public folder tools to view folder permissions, but the delegate that is/has been long gone you will need to use MFCMAPI to edit the raw components of the mailbox to remove the orphaned delegate.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/9217e942-58d7-4aed-ab1a-981e5f365c87/

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by Argen1 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:44 PM
  • These should help , configure logging too

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424432.aspx

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Wow! Thank you guys sooooo much! This has fixed the problem which I have been troubleshooting for days!

Runnin' Server 2008R2 with Exchange 2007.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:00 PM