none
Email Encryption Policy for Non Office 365 Users RRS feed

• Question

• I've setup the new O365 Message Encryption and it's working fine.  My question is if there is a way to setup a policy for external email recipients other then the default "Do Not Forward"?  I know there is a way I can manually add external email users as guests and assign them to an RMS policy but there should be some way to dynamically do this.  We need to ability to set a shorter expiration and also to not allow offline access.
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:11 PM

All replies

• No, you can't currently do this. I suggest you head over to the Azure Information Protection User Voice site: https://msip.uservoice.com/forums/600097-azure-information-protection

You'll see a popular request that's similar (Encrypt Only Email Option) where other people have provided feedback that Do Not Forward is sometimes too restrictive for external recipients and they need more flexibility. A solution for this request might also meet your needs if the result is the admin configures the permissions (Full Control for example) and the access settings, while the user still specifies the recipients. If you vote for it, I recommend clarifying that your business requirement is to be able to configure these access settings, while the user still specifies the recipients. Or if you feel that your request is sufficiently different, create a new request.

With this new capability recently released, it's a good time for feedback and requests.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:50 PM