Windows update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, after a recent windows update, my desktop looked new as some of my icons are gone--it seems to be new profile and all of my Firefox and Google Chrome Bookmarks have disappeared. To find my documents I have to go through Windows Explorer and get it under the 'Users' folder. How do I fix/ restore this?
    Sunday, December 31, 2017 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please detail the windows operating system and if WSUS server exists or not ?

I'd like to check if it is WSUS related issue .

Generally , the "issue" might be related to the OS/Updates were installed .

>> To find my documents I have to go through Windows Explorer and get it under the 'Users' folder.

Same user profile folder as current logon user ? Or different ?

I mean if the logon user account was changed .

If you mean "User's Files" icon disappeared , please check the settings under "Desktop Icon Settings" (I assuem you are using windows10):

In addition ,this is WSUS forum , if the "issue" is not related to WSUS server , I'd suggest you post it into corresponding  OS forum to get further accurate assistance :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Elton_Ji Monday, January 1, 2018 6:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:08 PM
    Monday, January 1, 2018 6:03 AM