Can not browse the internet when copying large files RRS feed

• Question

• When I am copying/moving files on my network I am unable to browse the internet or continue listening to internet radio.  

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Thanks for the post!

Does it happen in Safe Mode with networking?

If it doesn’t happen in Safe Mode with networking, please do a Clean Boot to find the culprit.

If the issue persists, I would like to figure out more details.

Which browser are you using? Temporarily change another one to check if it works.

What’s the error message you got when you are unable to browse the internet?

How large are those copying/moving files? Try to copy/move a small one.

Are there any related logs in Event Viewer?

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:05 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I was able to replicate the issue in safe mode, and I've found that file size really didn't matter.

I still had the issue when copying a 100mb folder, it's that the copy is so quick it's hard to notice.  

The issue is also not browser specific, tried with Chrome/Firefox/IE.

Error messages from the browser are either a page cannot be displayed/time out, or it just continues to try and load

There are no errors in the event viewer.

Before I posted I looked for anything remotely similar to this and I really didn't see anything, I did find something about autotunning but that was only mentioned for Vista.  I still tried the fix but it didn't help.

Thanks for your time.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Hi Justin,

Please temporarily remove all the security software to check if it works.

Meanwhile, I suggest you use the Network Monitor to check the network traffic during this issue. Starting the copy file process, then  run the network monitor, open the browser, stop monitor when the browser shows cannot display or time out message.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:59 AM