none
Need for configuration Oracle client RRS feed

• Question

• give the steps as snapshots for oracle client installation and configuration... plz help me...
    Friday, October 24, 2014 12:37 PM

All replies

• I know you want screenshots, but I don't have 'em. I only have text.

1. Install the Oracle Client. It is a super easy install. When it asks for the type of installation, I chose "Administrator", which installs the management console, management tools, networking services, utilities and basic client software. It might be more than you need, but at least you know everything is there.

2. Configure the Oracle Client. Do this from the "Net Configuration Assistant" which is an application that is now under Start/Programs. In there you'll need to set up the Local NetService Name configuration. This is what you'll refer to within the FIM Oracle MA. The Local NetService Name configuration needs to point to the "Service Name" of your Oracle database. If you dont' know the Service Name you need to talk to the Oracle DBA for your company. You'll also need to know the host name and TCP/IP port (if something other than 1521, the default)

Friday, October 24, 2014 3:07 PM
  • This should help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18548.fim-2010-r2-how-to-make-a-connection-to-oracle-database-11g.aspx

I used this reference before and had no issues that I can remember.

Friday, October 24, 2014 9:54 PM