From windows 7 32 bit to 64 bits. RRS feed

• Question

• I have researched quite a bit about ¨upgrading¨from 32 bits to 64 bits and i understand i have to clean install. First of all let me clarify that im using a burned cd with window 7 64 bit ultimate. Burned with imgburn to a 4.7 gig empty dvd.

Back to the topic when i try to clean install, after the loading window files phase and entering the starting window it freezes. The logo doesnt show up besides a little red dot where the red square is supposed to pop up. Like i said i have researched a bit and deduced a few things which dont fit in my case.

For example. Upgrading or deleting programs or application that window 64 bits can´t run or accept using upgrading manager (Raw translation from spanish) from microsoft, the only thing that it hinted me was net framework 1.1 and i already uninstalled it but no changes.

As well about updating my drivers and such (They are all updated and yet problems persist). Another one was about waiting because it happens. I waited for about half an hour and nothing. And finally about unplugging USB but all i have connected is my mouse and keyboard.

And another question. If i clean install do i have to install all my drivers again? (I don´t have all the cds)

Monday, June 25, 2012 1:49 AM

All replies

• It sounds like your hardware and drivers are not totally compatible with Windows 7.

The red dot is probably an indication your video is not capable of displaying Aero.

You must have Windows 7 compatible drivers for all of your hardware for the system to function properly.

What is the exact make, model, and series of your system or the motherboard?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Im not sure about what you are asking but hope it is this.

Im not sure about the Power supply but i will write down what i know.

My motherboard is a G41M- VGS3 r2.0 ( Or VS3 i just have the manual)

Intel(R) G41 Express chipset (Integrated video card)

4g RAM (Only using 3.2 because of the actual problem).

Pentium(R) Dual core E5700 3GHZ (Processor)

In system model only appears ¨To be filled by O.E.M¨ 

Do you think it could be a corrupted file or a corrupted download. Or maybe even a ¨bad¨disc burn?
    • Edited by MichaelDRM Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:00 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 11:35 PM
  • I don't follow your description of the problem, but...

You have no choice in whether to upgrade or clean install. No upgrade-in-place is permitted from any 32 bit OS to a 64 bit one. You must do a clean install.

You'll need 64 bit drivers for everything. You'll have to re-install all applications software as well.

It appears that there's a full set of Win7 X64 drivers available for your Asrock board:

http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=G41M-VS3 R2.0&o=Win764

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Like i said earlier im aware i cannot upgrade from 32 bits to 64 but with a clean up install. Sorry if it wasn´t clear enough. Anyway my problem is not about reinstalling the softwares orall my applications but the clean up install per se. When i try to do so it stops at the starting windows screen (After selecting DVD with the window 7 64 bits). It only appears a little red dot where the red part of the window log is supposed to be and it compeltetly stops. I have to shut down manually or force restart and i keep on risking every time i try.

Another question. Is there a way to download the official ¨disc¨instead of searching for cracked or ¨unofficial¨ from other webpages.?
    • Edited by MichaelDRM Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Hi,

Some version of Windows 7 downloads have been canceled on Microsoft website. Only Windows 7 Enterprise 90-days trail is provided.

Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial 

Thank you for your understanding.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:05 AM
  • Like i said earlier im aware i cannot upgrade from 32 bits to 64 but with a clean up install. Sorry if it wasn´t clear enough. Anyway my problem is not about reinstalling the softwares orall my applications but the clean up install per se. When i try to do so it stops at the starting windows screen (After selecting DVD with the window 7 64 bits). It only appears a little red dot where the red part of the window log is supposed to be and it compeltetly stops. I have to shut down manually or force restart and i keep on risking every time i try.

Another question. Is there a way to download the official ¨disc¨instead of searching for cracked or ¨unofficial¨ from other webpages.?

I have no idea what you mean by "clean up install".

Links to some of the real .iso files (at digtitalriver, a legitimate fulfillment source) may be found at mydigitalllife.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:11 AM

You can check to see if any of the links on the two page links below are still working since I have had them bookmarked for some time:

http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/

http://www.renjusblog.com/2009/09/free-windows7-full-version-download.html 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:19 AM
  • What i mean with clean up install is about deleting completetly my older window (32 bits) along with files and such (Reformating i think) through the boot command after the starting window logo or loading screen. Like if you trying to going into Bios but there´s another option.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:24 AM