none
Guest Cluster (Shared Virtual Hard Disk) in windows server 2012 R2 HyperV

Question

• Dears 

I deployed windows server data center 2012R2 cluster CSV between two nodes,then create VMs in CSV, now the VMS is working fine with high availability , 

After that I want to deployed High availability between two VMs ,  as a guest cluster, I added Virtual shared Hard disk on VM1, "VHDx" and I enabled the shared option,

my question how the second VM2 can see the shared Virtal shard hard disk ?

Thanks in advanced,

• Edited by Eng.Yaseen Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• Dears 

I deployed windows server data center 2012R2 cluster CSV between two nodes,then create VMs in CSV, now the VMS is working fine with high availability , 

After that I want to deployed High availability between two VMs ,  as a guest cluster, I added Virtual shared Hard disk on VM1, "VHDx" and I enabled the shared option,

my question how the second VM2 can see the shared Virtal shard hard disk ?

Thanks in advanced,

Hello, 

I see that your question is related to Hyper-V, however you seem to have posted this question in an Exchange Forum.  I would recommend you repost this in the Hyper-V forum to get the response you are looking for.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:39 PM
  • Agree with Hinte.

Hyper-V forum portal is here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverhyperv

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Thank you guys , I did, I compute the share virtual storage, 

I have one question: can I deployment MS Exchange 2016 DAG on two vms in hyper V by using Guest Failover cluster ? and i there any document to do that?

Thanks in advanced,

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Hi Yaseen,

Yes, you can. 

Refer to:

Exchange 2016 virtualization -- Host machine storage requirements 

If your host machine is running Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V or Hyper-V 2012, and you are configuring a host-based failover cluster that will host Exchange Mailbox servers in a database availability group, then we recommend following the guidance documented in Microsoft Knowledge Base article, 2872325, Guest Cluster nodes in Hyper-V may not be able to create or join.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:29 AM