OS MP 6.0.7296.0 Causes Discovery error 10000 RRS feed

• Question

• Since updating to Windows Server Operating System MP 6.0.7296.0 on SCOM 2012 SP1 (UR8), I'm seeing a rash of errors in the Event Log: Event 10000

A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing.

Discovery name: Microsoft.Windows.Server.2012.R2.Computer.Discovery

Anyone else getting this or have any suggestions as to why it has started happening?
    Friday, February 6, 2015 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you enabled "allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers"?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:16 AM
  • There are some servers that have that role. The Active Directory Controllers and Exchange servers require that to be enabled. I'm getting the warning on both servers with it enabled and those without it enabled.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Has no one else had this issue, or is it only us? Even after restarts following Windows Updates the alerts continue. I know from past experience that this can cause other alerts to go unreported, so I'm very worried about this.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 9:04 AM