Windows 8.1 System_Memory_Exception BSOD. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I've recently begun experiencing BSODs with the above explanation, and I cannot spot a reason for it.I have uploaded the Minidump files from the BSODS here:-

http://1drv.ms/1i2A9Df

as I unfortunately have no knowledge of examining BSOD dump files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Joshua

Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:07 PM

Answers

• These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run this test to find which driver is causing the problem.  

If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you don't know what it is you probably are not overclocking.

Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)
    Co-Authored by  JMH3143

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:25 PM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:11 PM
  • It is a fix in a round about way. After running the driver verifier, the display went blank a few minutes after the reboot (not a BSOD) and the machine was running in the background, hence no report from the driver verifier and no minidump. This made it evident that the graphics driver was to blame, so I rolled back to the non Mantle API version of AMDs graphics drivers. Haven't seen a BSOD since, but there were days between a few of them.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:43 AM

All replies

• These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run this test to find which driver is causing the problem.  

If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you don't know what it is you probably are not overclocking.

Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)
    Co-Authored by  JMH3143

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:16 AM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Thank you for the swift reply. I had a feeling it was a driver issue. I recently upgraded my ATI driver to test out the new Mantle API they have released. I've run that verifier, and I'll now just stress my machine to see if I can induce another BSOD.
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Hi,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days. I would like to know if BOSD issue was resolved.

The dump file has been analyzed by zig, this issue can be mostly caused by driver.

The previous post has been proposed as answer, please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can benefit our Community members.

Otherwise, please unpropose it and provide more detailed information about this issue like when did this error appear for further assistance, or upload more dumpfile.

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:22 AM
  • It is a fix in a round about way. After running the driver verifier, the display went blank a few minutes after the reboot (not a BSOD) and the machine was running in the background, hence no report from the driver verifier and no minidump. This made it evident that the graphics driver was to blame, so I rolled back to the non Mantle API version of AMDs graphics drivers. Haven't seen a BSOD since, but there were days between a few of them.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Jawwwwsh

Thanks for letting us know and don't forget to turn off verifier by typing verifier /reset

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:25 PM
  • May I ask if there is a way of checking if Verifier is still running?
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:27 PM
  • J

You can type verifier /query and if it s running it will display a list of drivers that it is "verifying"  if you get "no drivers" it is off.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:18 AM
  • Terribly sorry but where would one type this, is it a CMD command, powershell, what? :)
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:29 AM
  • J

Sorry.  They are both typed in an elevated command prompt.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Thank you very much for the quick responses guys, a credit to Microsoft!
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:27 PM
  • J

Some of us are just volunteers helping where and when we can.  Good Luck

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:45 PM