none
file was deleted error getting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In SSIS  Through file systemtask i want to rename a file and it was happened yesterday.But when today again i am running it it saying file was deleted even if file is there in source.

can u pls suggest.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Renaming file with filesystemtask is often confusing. If you rename it you no longer have the old file name. If you say that file is there, i suggest you double check. Because if file is there, then file is there. File System Task operates very straight forward. There is no way that ssis interprets existing file as non-existing.

This could probably related with the file path if you are generating the path on runtime or getting it by any database or so.

If you need further assistance please feel free to post the details about the issue that you are facing.

Regards

Senior BI Consultant & PM @ Bicentrix
    If it is, Please dont forget to mark as answered or at least vote as helpful if the post helps you in any ways.
    Visit: ssisnedir.com Follow Me

Monday, July 22, 2013 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Renaming file with filesystemtask is often confusing. If you rename it you no longer have the old file name. If you say that file is there, i suggest you double check. Because if file is there, then file is there. File System Task operates very straight forward. There is no way that ssis interprets existing file as non-existing.

This could probably related with the file path if you are generating the path on runtime or getting it by any database or so.

If you need further assistance please feel free to post the details about the issue that you are facing.

Regards

Senior BI Consultant & PM @ Bicentrix
    If it is, Please dont forget to mark as answered or at least vote as helpful if the post helps you in any ways.
    Visit: ssisnedir.com Follow Me

Monday, July 22, 2013 12:22 AM
  • I suspect there is any expressions set. Because of which you & ssis looking at two different folder structures

Rajkumar

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Why do you want to rename yesterday's file in current day's run? How are you achieving this?

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure what happened in your case , try this link to rename and move files fo archieve folder

- http://sathyadb.blogspot.in/2012/09/sql-server-integration-services-rename.html

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:02 PM