none
Outlook 2016 Attach File, Recent Items (from share) grey

Question

• In advance I ask forgiveness for my English

In menu Attach file -> Recent Items files that are located on a network share are not available (gray color). Access to the network share is through the domain. It's been 2 weeks already. There were no updates, the parameters did not change. This happens on one computer. If the user connects to a computer, there is no such problem. What to do about it? Where to look?

Friday, April 14, 2017 6:10 AM

All replies

• Screenshot - social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1040020

Friday, April 14, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi wasaby88,

According to your description, does this issue only occur to files on the network? I tired to access the link you shared above but it displayed as "Page not found". Could you please share the image via OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and paste a link here?
    What do you mean by "If the user connects to a computer, there is no such problem."

Please check if the build number of both Office and Windows on the problematic comuter are different from others'.
    It is also recommeded to try starting Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) to narrow down if the issue is related to any third party add-ins.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Having this issue as well. Did this ever get resolved?

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:13 PM
  • Hi MathBlaster28,

What's the build number of both your Outlook and Windows system?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:11 AM