MovieMaker: Replaced jpg files then video not displaying RRS feed

• Question

• Created a movie and saved it successfully. Found a typo on a Photoshop jpg file. Fixed it. Reimported. Now video turns black where new jpg file is inserted. Does this have anything to do with audio track overlay? I've tried deleting part of it and it doesn't seem to make difference. Help.

Dawn - posted 11/7/2016 11:30am PST

Monday, November 7, 2016 7:32 PM

All replies

• The free version of Movie Maker is from 2012.
    Monday, November 7, 2016 7:34 PM
  • I'm also using Windows 10. I checked to see if there is an updated version of MovieMaker and there doesn't seem to be. I just updated my Java app, might this have something to do with it?

Dawn

Monday, November 7, 2016 7:38 PM
  • Hi BeeDazzled,

There are few reasons could cause a black screen in Windows Movie Maker. We could check the part 2 in the link below to try fix it.

https://www.iskysoft.com/video-editing/windows-movie-maker-black-screen.html

Also if it replaced jpg files then video not display, the video may be not found. We could try follow the steps in the link below to check.

http://presentationsoft.about.com/od/moviemaker/qt/120209-troubleshooting-windows-movie-maker-videos.htm

Please Note: Since the two websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Hi BeeDazzled,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:39 AM