SQL Server 2000 - Provider ran out of Memory error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Oracle(9i) Server linked to the SQL Server 2000 Database. When executing a Stored Procedure from SQL Server 2000, I get the following error.

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Procedure SPECRAKOFF, Line 1984

OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error. The provider ran out of memory.

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDAORA' ICommandText::Execute returned 0x8007000e: The provider ran out of memory.].

I get this error only when the SQL query in the Stored procedure returns some records.

I tried this with Oracle ODBC provider but I get the same error. Kindly help me to diagnose and solve the issue.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:56 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, verify if the tempdb has enough space.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:40 PM
  • Emanuel,

We are getting this error when we are trying to run the procedure which has linked server in MSDE

Please let me know if we can do Inprocess setting for the linked server for the above scenario to work

Thanks,

Muthu

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Hi Nithiyanandam

Would it be possible for you to tell me your OS with its SP level. Secondly, what is SP level on your  SQL Server 2000.

Thanks.

Najm

Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:46 AM
  • Hi Najm,

OS is Windows XP Service Pack 2

SQLServer 2000 ( No service packs )

Thanks,

Nithiyanandam

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:46 AM
  •  

Nithiyanandam,

Apply SP4a and see if the problem still exists. A client of mine faced the similar issue but they were on Windows 2003 R SP2. After applying the SP4a the issue was resoloved. If it still exists, start you server with -g512 option. I am assuming that you have enough RAM on your system.

Best regards,

Najm

Thursday, March 6, 2008 7:23 PM