Why in our Sharepoint some user's profile info are updated to other user's value every hour RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Recently, I find a very serious problem in our Sharepoint 2007: some user's profile info are replaced by other's, except the AD account name.

Below is details:

We have two site Collections, SCA and SCB. We have configured the Sharepoint to import users from AD server. The importing works and I can search all users from Sharepoint. We have the following two uses in our system:

MyDomain\JamesA:

name: James A

email: jamesa@mydomain.com

MyDomain\KevinB:

name: Kevin B

emal: kevinb@mydomain.com

For the first time I add both the users in a user group on SCA, no problems found.

After an hour, I try to add Kevin in another user group on SCA, I click 'Add User' link and type the user account name "KevinB" in the text area, then hit the "enter" key. I expect Sharepoint can find the user "Kevin B", but after a second, it show "James A" in the area. I added this user in the group and then browse the user's info,  I found the Account name is still "MyDomain\KevinB" but all other info are changed to James' info.

I delete these two users from SCA, and add them again, everything is OK. But after an hour, I tried to add Kevin and the profile info of kevin is changed to James' again.

The user info is updated to the incorrect value every hour.

About 1/10 user profiles have the problem in SCA, but the problem doesn't exist in SCB.

Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance!

Friday, January 21, 2011 7:30 AM

All replies

• This is a very intersting issue....Did you ever found out why?

- when you removed users from SCA, did you remove the user completely from the site collection?

Allen Wang | http://blogs.msdn.com/allenwang
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:02 AM