none
Hyper V backup using DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have installed the DPM 2010, and I have setup Hyper v on windows 2008 ent core edition server, I have pushed the agent to the hyper v server but when i am going to create a protection group i can see only the Intial store under Hyper v section, and also i can protect any other file or folder from that server, Is there any patches or service packs to be applied on windows 2008 core server? any help would be appriciated 

Thank you

Lrok

• Moved by MarcReynolds Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:25 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:37 PM

All replies

• I don't want to seem condenscending when I ask this but have you created a virtual machine on your Hyper-V server? If not, there is nothing to backup in the hyper-v section, so you will only see the intial store box. I believe DPM will show the Hyper-V option purely because you have the role installed.

• Edited by dallasbr Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:58 PM spelling
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:57 PM
  • Dear Dallasbr,

Yes I have moved one VM to this particular Host machine, but nothing showing up than intial store, Other thing is, I will not be able recover any of the file folders Which I protected from that server, but Same file folder if i copied to DPM server itself it will work,

I have tried unistalling and installing DPM Agent,

Gave couple of restart but nothing work out,

Is there any service pack or hotfix to be applied to Windows 2008 Ent Core edition? Plz Advice, Really appreciate your urgent attetion on this plz

Thank u

Lrok 

Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:40 AM