debugging silverlight webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have created a silver light webpart and deployed in my sharepoint web site.

i am not getting the deserved result and like to debug. The xap file resides in shared dcoument library

using visual studio when i start debugging its not catching break point? any sugesstions?

unlike webpart deployment where dll goes in GAC, xap file has all the files including dll.

i like to debug my silver light application and track the out puts.

kindly help me.

ullasjoshi
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:37 AM

Answers

• You can attach Visual Studio to the iexplore.exe process that is running the Silverlight on the client computer.

Menu -> Debug -> Attach to Process, or CTRL + ALT + P

On the 'Attach to Process' window, on the 'Attach to:' box, you have to select the 'Silverlight code' code type.

On the 'Available Processes' tipically you will select an instance of Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) that shows 'Silverlight' on the 'Type' column.

That should be it.

• Marked as answer by UllasSJoshi Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:06 PM

All replies

• You can attach Visual Studio to the iexplore.exe process that is running the Silverlight on the client computer.

Menu -> Debug -> Attach to Process, or CTRL + ALT + P

On the 'Attach to Process' window, on the 'Attach to:' box, you have to select the 'Silverlight code' code type.

On the 'Available Processes' tipically you will select an instance of Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) that shows 'Silverlight' on the 'Type' column.

That should be it.

• Marked as answer by UllasSJoshi Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to debug now.

ullasjoshi
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:37 AM
  • Just curious, why are you creating a Silverlight web part and why not loading your xap file using the Out of the Box Sharepoint 2010 Slilverlight web part ?
    Serge Luca; MVP blog: http://sergeluca.spaces.live.com Devoteam Belgium. http://twitter.com/sergeluca
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:13 AM