none
Issue with DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We have DPM 2010 server in DC site in BOK, within this server we have configured 3 PG, named as Data & App, Data F and Mail DC. Among these PG Data & App and Data F belongs to single server known as Server-5 which is a Data Server, whereas Mail DC is an Exchange 2010 server. After the successful configuration of DPM 2010 it was working fine without any issue for 6 months but after that we had faced first error displaying “Slot XX was empty” due to which backup was unsuccessful for the particular PG. In response to this error we had added some number of tape cartridges to the library after this action again DPM started working soundly. After certain period DPM stop functioning displaying same message as earlier. As we all know this was a tough time for us to rectify problems and find correct solutions for it, during the process we had gone through different blogs and TechNet sites where we came to know that we need to upgrade the tape library driver to the latest, did the same and result was satisfying DPM again started working. After few months we faced different error than previous i.e. “ ID 2019 Details: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (0x80072746)” this particular error appears only while taking backup of Server-5 which consists 2 PG i.e. Data & App and Data F. In the meantime PG Data F and Mail DC was being backup successfully. But current scenario is now different, we are only able to backup PG Mail DC. While DPM is unable to backup PG Data & App and Data F generating error i.e. same as above. So with the help of TechNet we have disabled the TCP chimney in the both PS and DPM and changed the registry key by adding Dword in the PS but no luck.

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Aerrow,

I would like to recommend you to start look at local logs for troubleshooting. Look at the DPMRAcurr error log located in the temp catalouge of the DPM agent installation and also look in the system and application logs for errors or warings during the time windows of the backup

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:28 PM