none
S0002161-101 Error in windows mixed reality app

Question

• i get error S0002161-101 in the windows mixed reality app utilizing a Lenovo P50. The headset says it is connected with the controllers. It gets to the final screen to launch the mixed reality experience in the mixed reality portal when this error pops up. I have tried updating all of the drivers.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I found a thread may relate to your problem, please refer to the link:

Error Code S0012261-101

https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/8937/error-code-s0012261-101

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:17 AM
  • That forum did not help. It is frustrating that a native windows feature does not come with more clear error codes and ways to work around them. The vive and oculus work "great" on this computer. I really don't want to scrap development for the MR platform as we have successfully developed for HoloLens; however, this is discouraging. Additionally there is difficulty on our other computers that use a displayport to hdmi adapters. The vive and oculus work; however, the windows version does not.
    Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:07 AM
  • This acer ah101 headset has the same problem. It worked out of the box, but after about a year of use this popped up. It showed signs of crashing when the port was nudged. If someone could help him and I, I would also appreciate.

Thanks

Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:39 PM