Event ID 333 HELP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• On one of my 2003 Servers that houses our citric client been starting to get Event ID 333 error "An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverable. The Registry could not read in or write out or flush one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry." in the sys log. End users are complaining of sluggish performance and latency.

This floods the event log with errors and I unable to RDP in, I am getting "You are connected to the remote computer, however an error occurred while initial user program was starting" and kicks me out. End users are complaining of sluggish performance and latency.

I had to reboot the server using the shutdown -i cmd once the server was rebooted the problem was fixed, however I know it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Server 2003 x86
    SP2 installed
    4GB RAM

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to your description, I understand that you got an Event ID: 333 error on your Windows 2003 Servers.

There are a number of different reasons for why a server is logging the Event ID 333's - the majority of the issues are caused by one of the following:

Disk issues, Maximize Kernel Memory and System PTE's, A filter driver is preventing the registry from being flushed,"Lock Pages in Memory" user right.

To troubleshoot Event ID:333 errors, please have a look at the following guide from the performance team .

http://blogs.technet.com/askperf/archive/2007/10/30/troubleshooting-event-id-333-errors.aspx

Meanwhile, As the issue also related to Citrix client, please ensure latest version of UPHclean is installed on the Windows 2003 server.

944984-The user profile may not be correctly unloaded when you log off from a Windows Server 2003-based computer, and event 1517 is logged
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944984

Best Regards,
    Wilson Jia
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Monday, December 21, 2009 7:17 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:08 AM