From Field Blank when quick search is used. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. 

I've been using outlook for a decade+, but just recently when I use the quick search, the FROM field is blank on all the results. The FROM field is there, but the results are blank blank.  

Anybody have a suggestion.  I use quick search religiously, so this is a huge burden. 

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Chrisheckler,

Do you mean the search results can be retrieved but the from filed of the results are blank? 

Does this problem occur to all accounts in your Outlook or only to a particular one? 

If you are using Exchange account, please try switching between Cached mode and online mode to see the result. 

It is also suggested to try using Outlook in safe mode(Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and see if the issue persists. This helps narrow down whether the problem is related to any third party add-ins.

Any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hello Yuki Sun,

also in safe mode the issue is still present. it is something related to an update.

best regards, Raffaele

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Hello Yuki Sun,

also in safe mode the issue is still present. it is something related to an update.

best regards, Raffaele

Hi Raffaele,

Thanks for your input. Do you mind collecting the build number of your Outlook so that we can do further research on this? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Same problem on my PC.  
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:56 PM
  • Hi all,

It has been confirmed as a known issue that users are unable to view the name of the sender within search results for the Outlook client. As a temporary workaround, please consider using Outlook on the web instead. 

According to the message in the Health dashboard in Office 365 Admin Center, "based on current progress, we estimate that the deployment process should complete within the next 24 hours".

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I'll post back once I get further update on this. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hi all,

From the final update of this incident in Office 365 admin center, the deployment has been completed and the impact has been remediated. Please check it on your side and it would be appreciated that you can share the results here at your convenience.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, January 14, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hi Chrisheckler,

It has been a while. How everything is going on with the issue? If the reply above was helpful, do you mind helping mark it as answer to close the thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:55 AM