Blank Subject Line RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Exchange 2013 Co-Exist with Exchange 2007. I'm planning to create a "Transport Rule" to give me NDR when "Blank Subject Line" is detected.

Monday, October 21, 2013 6:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please let us know how it goes.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Ed,

When a user create an email without subject, I would like that email to bounce back with NDR saying that email subject line is blank and cannot be send.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hello,

Based on my known, I'm afraid that there is no related transport rule predicates to realize your goal.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by cara chen Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:02 AM edit
    • Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, October 28, 2013 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:02 AM
  • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb430785%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx

The ^$ Regular Expression:

To detect messages that have blank subject lines, the following procedures use the ^$ regular expression. This regular expression consists of two pattern strings, ^ and $. Pattern strings are used in regular expressions to match patterns in text that can vary. When the ^ and $ pattern strings are used in this order, the transport rule condition matches only the exact string that's between the two pattern strings. Because there's no string between the ^ and $ pattern strings in the ^$ regular expression, it matches only an empty string, such as a blank subject line.
    • Proposed as answer by sSupermarine Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:08 PM