Business rule, Application & MSI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently created a policy and deployed from Business Rule Composer. Then i modified orchestration to call the policy and deployed the whole application from VS directly. I tested it, works fine and when checked in Admin Console, the Policies artifact is empty. Then i become confused when prepare a MSI.

On MSDN, it recommended to publish the policy first, add the policy to the application, then deploy the policy. By doing this, this policy can be used by the application. But i didn't follow those steps, the policy still can be used by the application.

My question is when prepare MSI, should the policy be included by adding it to Policies artifact in admin consol? Or just use Business Rule Engine Deployment Wizard to export/import the poliy to different Biztalk server, seperate it from MSI?

Thanks,
    Merry

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:12 PM

Answers

• To make the deployment easier on other environments like proof,production etc. It is recommended to add the policy to the Policies artifact of application and then export the MSI. In this way policy will get automatically published when you will import the MSI and then you can deploy it by using the BizTalk Administration MMC or Business Rule Composer.
    Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Proposed as answer by Rajasekhar.R Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by MerryHe Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:04 AM