cursor leaving window on save as RRS feed

• Question

• When I use save as, and begin typing the file name the cursor leaves and every key stroke gives me an audible ding. When I click back to the text box often times it repeats this behavior a few times. Its very frustrating when it takes up to a minute to do a save as. Is there any solution to this problem. I am saving to a mapped network drive.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Rsopha,

What type of files are you saving? Are they Word documents, Excel worksheets or others?

Besides, where does the cursor go to? Or does the cursor disappear in the text box?

Please save the same files to OneDrive (Or other Cloud service), local machine instead of a mapped network drive to check this issue.

Make sure Office and Windows update to the latest.

It's recommended to check and repair Windows via commands for a test.

• Search CMD, right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator. Then copy and paste the command, click Enter at last:
    Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    After finish running these commands, enter the command below. 	
    sfc /scannow

If you have any updates, please feel free to let us know.

This “Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro General Discussions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Emily

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:56 AM
  • Hi Rsopha,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know.

Regards,

Emily

We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Hi Rsopha,

This thread has been around for a long time. 

To help close this thread, would you please mark the replies as answers if they are helpful? Your action would also help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Emily

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:55 AM