none
Attribute missing (Attributes and management agents) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to FIM, and even as I've read and searched the web - I can't quite figure this one out (don't have a proper training environment yet so I can test this).

I've got a case where one of the Management Agents is missing data for a employee. It's missing the employee's Role. (Like "Head of dept"). Looking at the metaverse object properties for the given management agent - role is not a part of the attributes listed. However, for another management agent, role is defined in the attribute list. Is the trick to add the attribute to the list of attributes for the MA missing it - or is it something else I need to consider as well?

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

MA Schema came from the referential (AD , SQL, ...) and the Metaverse have an idenpendant schema. If you have a missing attribute, you can simply added via "metaverse designer".

And for the MA, you have to add it directly in the referential and run a "Refresh schema" to get the update.

Regards,

Sylvain

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Employee role comes from the management agent so if a SQL view is your target source for this data you need to make sure that you have it in the schema of the management agent.  From there you map it to a metaverse attribute such as job title or your could create something custom.  The key is to make sure the data is in the source and when your import the data in to the the connector space via a full import that you can see it.  From there it is a simple matter of mapping it into the metaverse attribute.

Scott

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

• Proposed as answer by Scott M Eastin Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:07 AM