none
Set Use Specific Drive Size fails to utilize full size specified after deployment RRS feed

• Question

• If I set Format and Partition Disk to set a single drive to use a specific drive size, it never creates the partition using the full amount specified.  It always leaves a couple of gig leftover. I can easily expand the drive to use it all, but the TS doesn't seem to do it for me. What am I missing? So if I set a server2012R2 Server TS to use a 50GB OS it sets the partition to ~48GB...
    • Edited by Slade1040 Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:31 PM

Answers

• If I set Format and Partition Disk to set a single drive to use a specific drive size, it never creates the partition using the full amount specified.  It always leaves a couple of gig leftover. I can easily expand the drive to use it all, but the TS doesn't seem to do it for me. What am I missing? So if I set a server2012R2 Server TS to use a 50GB OS it sets the partition to ~48GB...
    It is the same reason that when you guy a 1TB drive it is 931GB.  Instead of 1k being 1024 it is 1000.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by Slade1040 Wednesday, July 27, 2016 12:48 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:49 PM

All replies