none
Resource Cost not calculating RRS feed

• Question

• Project 2013 schedule. Certain resources' costs are not being calculated for tasks even though the resources have cost rates..any ideas?
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:29 PM

Answers

• Indeed Stev, but I strongly advice you to switch to AUTOMATIC scheduling since manually scheduled tasks wil not be calculated as I mentionned above.

If you do so, you'll see that assigning a work resource on a task (whatever the task's type is) will create some work.

Please try this and tell us if it works.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, May 2, 2014 1:06 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

You should give us more details such as:

• Are you working with PWA 2013 or Project Pro 2013?
    • Are you working in a specific view such as usage views?
    • Is your plan automatically or manually scheduled?

Just as a though, go to file, options, advanced and ensure that the option "Calculate after every task edit" is set to ON.

Also ensure that you have work on the assignments, since the cost will be calculated based on the work.

Please give us more detail and we'll be pleased to help you.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Hi the schedule is in Project 2013 and the tasks are set to manual scheduling. F9 and changing the task to auto scheduling makes no difference. I have switched to Task usage view and can see that the resources in question have zero work for their assignment against the task.  There are multiple resources assigned to this task (circa 20!).  The task type is Fixed Units.   Effort Driven is switched off. Not sure how I have ended up with this scenario.

thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Hi Stev,

If you have no work, then you'll have to cost associated with the assignment. When you create a task with a non-null duration and assign a work resource on it, you should have a quantity of work created on the assignment.

As soon as the work resource has a standard rate (see the resource sheet). then you'll have a corresponding cost.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:03 PM
  • thanks Guillaume,  I was more wondering how I had NOT assigned the resources work since when you assign them at Fixed units they normally default to some level of work?
    Friday, May 2, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Indeed Stev, but I strongly advice you to switch to AUTOMATIC scheduling since manually scheduled tasks wil not be calculated as I mentionned above.

If you do so, you'll see that assigning a work resource on a task (whatever the task's type is) will create some work.

Please try this and tell us if it works.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, May 2, 2014 1:06 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 12:20 PM
  • thanks Guillaume cheers
    Friday, May 2, 2014 1:06 PM